Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Michigan

Ok so this is my random venting...

I'm just waiting for the announcement that the United States is dropping Michigan and becoming the 49 states. I mean seriously.

First, Michigan and Rhode Island were the only two states in the nation to have negative incomes (I'm not sure if that's the right word but it's the right idea) and Michigan beat Rhode Island by quite a bit. Then, Michigan had the highest unemployment rate, almost twice that of the nation. Meanwhile all the polititicians in Washington are going around talking about how great the economy is...well thats bull shit if you ask me. If even one state is doing poorly, like Michigan, then they cannot go on preaching like that as if we don't matter. It started back with Bush's State of the Union Speech last year and has just gotten worse, and both parties do it.

Then, just because Michigan moved their primary too early, we don't get any delegates at the DNC and the delegates votes only count as 1/2 at the RNC. Ok I understand that the state wasn't supposed to move the primary that early, and that we probably should be punished in some way. But I mean it wasn't the voters who moved the primary, but it's the voters who are getting punished. What's the point of even voting in the Democratic primary if it doesn't even count for anything. I mean even though I am planning on voting Democratic in November (I want Obama) I might just vote in the Republican primary so it actually counts for something.

No comments: